Sydney Metro Northwest is the first stage of Sydney Metro – Australia’s biggest public transport project and a priority infrastructure investment for the NSW Government. Sydney Metro Northwest opened to customers on 26 May 2019.
Northwest Rapid Transit (NRT) has been awarded the Operations, Trains and Systems (OTS) contract for Sydney Metro Northwest. This includes:
- Building eight new railway stations and 4,000 commuter car parking spaces
- Delivering Sydney’s new generation of metro trains
- Building and operating the Sydney Metro Trains Facility, including train stabling and maintenance
- Installing 23 kilometres of new track and rail systems
- Converting the existing 13 kilometres of railway between Epping and Chatswood to metro status
- Operating and maintaining Sydney Metro Northwest for 15 years.